Friday, February 12, 2010

Abstract thoughts

I have been having very long conversations with myself almost everyday and everyday I think of sitting and writing it down but when I sit, there are so many distractions. However much I try I just can’t remember what I was thinking of writing the whole day… I guess that’s exactly what happens to us in our everyday life, and this time even my work was about similar things… somehow there is a dialogue with oneself almost every minute of the day… Anything that happens or you see is absorbed in that dialogue… you have no apprehensions about that dialogue as no one would hold your words in quotes so you can freely reason out what you were thinking, make your own discoveries and maybe with time and circumstances changing, those discoveries might lead to some other discoveries which were totally opposite to the previous ones… I just love that process… gives me high… that every time you think ‘wow this is it!’ and by the time you reach that ‘this is it’ and thriving on it, you realize there’s more to it… and the process continues…
When you deconstruct the complexities of things, I wonder if we can ever stick to one understanding of a situation… its so multidimensional that everything can be correct in its own way… and everything be wrong in that same way as well… the coin has two sides to it and I guess one can pick up just any side and argue… Only thing is that one needs to figure out how many plus and minus are there for one of the sides to win… so many grey shades that honestly there’s no black and white… But that’s the fun of it as you keep looking for your gray within that basic black and white.
everyone’s caught up in their day to day life…its stressing but in those quite moments when you are with yourself isn’t it fun figuring things out, matching them with your priorities and in the process discovering yourself and others…I guess we all think like this, brood over things, sometimes look for the answers and sometimes the questions for those answers…some people have the luxury of thinking about it and discovering themselves and some don’t…luckily I have that luxury, I can thrive on the process as its part of my work but I see a thousand others whose work has nothing to do with it… they long to have a dialogue but have more practical stuff to attend to first… jobs to finish and between the list of things the thoughts are lost… thoughts that would make them wonder about the sounds and smells and believe in the magic of life…everyone has to work and be a part of the hustle bustle to create and to make things move… guess everything is fine as long as it doesn’t hit the extreme… balance is the key. The rest is all interlinked. One can’t extract anything from anything…

1 comment:

Malini said...

it is indeed very absorbing thoughts, just not for you, but for others reading it...waiting for more such thoughts :-*